Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Tagged Again...And I'm going to try and pass this on.

I was tagged again. By Lekhni this time.

Since I so enjoyed doing the last tag by Jen at Of Cabbages and Kings, I thought that I might as well cave in and enjoy this one, despite my earlier protests. So here goes:

The Tag Rules:

Pick up the nearest book.
Open to page 123.
Find the fifth sentence.
Post the next three sentences.
Tag five people, and acknowledge the person who tagged you.

___________________________

Nearest Book:
Panty Hose, Hot Peppers, Tea Bags and More for the Garden
(A Rodale Organic Gardening Book)
(from the clearance bin at Half Price Books)

"If you lose the cap to your lawn mower's gasoline can, use a small potato or potato half to keep the can closed. It will temporarily prevent the gas and fumes from spilling out until you find another cap. Don't use it for more than a day or two, as it will start to decompose"

------------------------

Now, isn't that a useful tip that we could all use? Who knew that a piece of potato could double as a gasoline can cap? Not me.

--------------------------------
Next, tagging five people:

Jen (Of Cabbages and Kings)
Amit
Kochuthresiamma(Pareltank)
Usha(Agelessbonding)
Malathi( Writer's Block)
Maami/Maydam

11 comments:

Lekhni said...

Wow! I was just going to let you know that you've been tagged. I know, my post went up hours ago, and I am getting the word out just now :(

So it was a very pleasant surprise to find that you have already finished the tag :D That is really nice of you. Should count for some award, I think!

Sujatha said...

Thanks Lekhni,

I happened to read your blog at the right time and had the nearby book to do a quick response.

A quick question about tag etiquette: Do we leave individual comments on the blogs we have tagged as a matter of routine? It feels kind of like sticking your neck out for a snub if they decide not to respond. Or does one just leave it for them to discover by some random googling?

Lekhni said...

I am not sure about this either. I always leave individual notifications, but I guess it's not necessary, and I notice that not everyone does it. You will anyway get the incoming link.

I just do it in case the taggee has not noticed the link, and anyway it seems more polite to inform the taggee rather than leave the link to do it..

Plus, tags are supposed to be voluntary, so I wouldn't mind if the taggee doesn't do it :) Usually people do the tag, though they complain loudly ;) I don't mind that either, for I have complained in the past too :)

My own 2 cents is that tags are a way to spread the link-love. It's just one of the things that make bloggers a community.

Usha said...

Hi, Thanks for tagging me. I just did it here:
http://agelessbonding.blogspot.com/2008/06/random-quotes.html

Sujatha said...

Thanks, Usha. It must be a very popular tag, and you must have a very popular blog for so many to be doing it that you got tagged twice. :)

Hmmmm....Maybe I ought to spend some time dreaming up new tag rules, rather than just passing on tags. Where do these memes come from anyway?

Jenn Thorson said...

Okey-dokey, Sujatha-- I will take the plunge on this in a post sometime early next week.

I don't think I can legitimately tag anyone I know this soon because I will rapidly end up with NO more online friends.

Perhaps I will just open it up to my bloggy readers who feel like participating.

Jenn Thorson said...

Hiya, Sujatha- Well, I've fulfilled my part of the tag. It's an interesting meme given the tidbits we can glimpse from the pages of these books. :)

Malathi said...

Done. You can find the tag post here: http://malathi-writersblock.blogspot.com/2008/06/on-being-tagged.html

Thanks, Sujatha.

Malathi

Sujatha said...

Jenn and Malathi,

Thanks for playing along. I will check out your reading selections.

Amit said...

Blogger doesn't have a ping-back like WP has, so if you're tagging someone who's on Google/Blogger, they won't find out unless they read the post or are informed.

kochuthresiamma p .j said...

Sujatha
just saw that i was tagged- let me figure what to do-not used to being tagged:-)