Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Moment in Time

Yes, I know, it's a New Year. I confess to sleeping through its arrival last night.

This morning, on with the usual routine of humdrum daily life. Traffic jams resume in a few days time, the garbage still sits out on the snowcovered driveway, Mr. and Mrs.Cardinal stop by a birdfeeder that hasn't been replenished for days, the water in the bird bath frozen.

I go through my addressbook, thinking briefly of each recipient as I click to add their name to the list. It's a brief lingering, which might have been an extended musing and memory, had I been writing greeting cards. Maybe it's time to ditch the email and switch back to the snail mail greeting cards. But then, in the rushed life that I lead, it's just as well that I have the ability to instantly recall and send off last minute "Happy New Year" e-cards to everyone.

There's an ocean of good wishes out there today, let's delight in its waves, at least for today!

Happy New Year, dear readers!

1 comment:

kochuthresiamma p .j said...

may 2009 bring u truckloads of happiness and peace, sujatha