Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Slumdog Who?

No, I haven't seen it yet and have no intention of doing so until it gets to the DVD. Wasn't this supposed to be a direct-to-DVD release, anyway? Everybody that I've asked has seen it and either gushes over it or expresses cautious praise for it. Nobody has come out and expressed total dislike for it that I know of.
My teenager moans "Amma, I'm the only one in my whole class who hasn't seen it yet. When are you going to let me see it?"
My gradeschooler asks "Slumdog Who?", and proceeds to write this hilarious and completely borrowed version, not unlike the Bollywood productions that borrow plotlines and more from Hollywood.

(Used with M's permission)

REALLY
FAKE

SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE
THE

TRUE
STORY

Once a terrorist in Mumbai went to bomb a hotel, but he decided to get money first. He went to America and went to the studio of Who wants to be a Millionaire. He took a pistol, pointed it at Regis Philbin, and said "give me all your money" and saw a UFO and Indianna Jones whipped the aliens. The terrorist shot Indianna Jones and Regis Philbin and turned into Alice in Wonderland. Then he turned into the blob and scared the Simpsons to the Flintstones home. Then he watched Slumdog Millionaire.

The End


Maybe I ought to approach M.Knight Shyamalan to do the honors. After all, he does share an initial with M, and might be just the person to tackle the special effects needed to execute the above story on film.

2 comments:

M said...

I can never get past the hype when it reaches a certain point. It becomes too much of a mental barrier. So...my plan is to not see it until you see it. I can only go along with it once it receives your approval. If it receives your disapproval, I will shun it forever. Bloop. Forever.

Sujatha said...

I'll be sure to let you know of my opinion when I see it, whether it's a thumbs up or thumbs down. ( You are over 18, aren't you M ;) Otherwise, it will remained banned to you till you reach a suitable age.

As for my little M, she will probably never get around to seeing it, not being much of a cinephile, unlike her elder brother.