Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Writer's Block

What to write about? The weather? Dullsville. Just acres of snow and ice outside, slowly melting as the temperatures are expected to climb today. Ours must be the only driveway in the neighborhood that is still a skating rink- all others have been assiduously salted and cleared.
The kids? Nothing to report on their activities, just the routine wake-up-late weekend morning.
The memoirs? Maybe someday when I feel less apathetic and more reminiscent.
The dishes piled up in the sink? I know I ought to get to them, but refused to move from this cushy old armchair in front of the computer.
I'll get up only after breaking the ice and this long 2 week stretch without a blog post. What happened to all those ideas I dreamed up to write about while idling in traffic (which I do for approximately 40 minutes a day) ?
They're all gone with the wind, the moment I sit down at the keyboard. Maybe I ought to keep a pen and pad handy to dash them down, but that would result in more fender-benders than my car insurance would cover.
Oh well, at least I did get a few paragraphs worth of complaining about writer's block out of it. Here's to hoping that I get back to normal with the next post.

3 comments:

Sujatha said...

Yay! a post!

Sujatha said...

@Suj:
Considering that I waited forever while you were on an extended blogging break, I think that two weeks is not so bad!

Sujatha said...

Awww, thanks Sujatha! :)