Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Masquerading Tag

Thanks for the 'Honest Scrap' award, Kochuthresiamma. It definitely makes for a good writing prompt, especially when nothing has happened to induce me into another blog post.

First condition:
To list 10 honest things about myself.

(1) I am 40 years old. (Really, truly.) I also look it, and have always looked like that, even when I was 16. The good part is that once I hit 60, people will still think that I'm 40 ;)

(2) I'm not fond of wearing jewelry, even if I ooh and aah over catalogs and designs with friends. After 40 years of life, I've learned to be willing to blend in with the crowd, on occasion.

(3) I've discovered that cleaning and the dishes can always take a backseat to reading and blogging. Visit my house with a mask on (no, not because of the swine flu), but the dust bunnies are breeding like... well, rabbits.

(4)I always have an obsession-du-jour. It usually changes every week, so to be pedantic that ought to be obsession-de-la-semaine. Last week it was Carnatic music concerts, this week it's simulating respiratory flow limitations at work, next week it will be something else, entirely.

(5)No, I don't discriminate between work and hobbies, either.

(6) I'm uncuddly by nature, but what to do? I've been gifted a child who demands 'cuddles' at the drop of a hat. Talk about invading my personal space- that kid has no concept of it at all- she would return to the womb, if she could.

(7)I'm also a pack rat, and have serious difficulties tossing out anything, whether it be clothes unworn for years or papers from a job held 15 years ago or craft UFOs (UnFinished Objects, for newbies). I'm in serious need of the Extreme Home Organization makeover. Could someone recommend my name for that TV show, please?

(8) (Er... there is a TV show by that name, isn't there, or am I confusing it with 'What not to wear"? I suppose I could do with a recommendation to that as well. I would give Susan Boyle fair competition for the dowdiest person around.)

(9) OK, so item (8) was a bit of a cheat, originally piggybacked on comment (7). Which brings me to (9). As you see, I like to bend the rules occasionally, but then, who doesn't.

(10) I'm very bad at keeping in touch with my friends who have moved away. There are those who will religiously call and run up their long-distance phone bills without a qualm, but for me, it tends to be 'Out of sight, out of mind."

The next:
Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.

Hmmm...I'm going to be leaving secret tags, so won't advertise who the awardees of the Honest Scrap are. (How's that for a cop-out ?)

Where's my icon, by the way? I wants my icon, dagnabbit!

No comments: