Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Blogging Doldrums

"Doldrums" has a listless sound. My first acquaintance with the term came as a preteen, as I eagerly gobbled my way through Charles Berlitz's book on Bermuda Triangle and the mysterious graveyard of ships.

It was later that I found out that it meant 'a state of stagnation', as well. I've hit the blogging doldrums over the past week or two. Life can get too busy for spending time trying to think up suitable topics to post on.

What happens to blogs started with such fanfare? Do they go to a graveyard of ghostly ships marooned on a still sea? Not quite, according to this New York Times article.

Or maybe they are just like an Unfinished Craft Object, set aside for another time, while a new baby blog takes up much of the blogger's attentions. (I must admit to having a ton of those in my closet- fodder for a recycled blog post from yesteryear, perhaps.)

Wait, is that a hint of breeze that I feel? A new topic to post on?

Watch this space...

No comments: