Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Time

...to break out the champagne and sparkling cider... and the snow shovels. We woke up this morning to what sounded like a low-flying jet but was only the friendly neighborhood snow-plow doing the rounds. ('Tis a great advantage to have a township councillor with a house in the neighborhood. All roads get plowed and salted with great alacrity.)
In my favored New Year's eve ritual, I'll be snuggled up in my comforter, soundly asleep as the ball drops down on Times Square and fireworks go off in synchrony.
Happy New Year 2010!

2 comments:

kochuthresiamma p .j said...

happy new year, sujatha.
am also having a snowy new year, and longing for the sunny ones:-)

Sujatha said...

Happy New Year, Kochuthresiamma! I hope that you are enjoying your US(?) visit, even with the snow. More is expected tonight, I believe ;)