Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Mandatory Halloween Costume Discussion

with M, of course. S has long since outgrown trick or treating.
"What are you going to be this year?"

"Dunno. Maybe something scary this year, not a mouse like last time."

M rummaged in a box filled with old books that I hadn't dropped off as a donation yet and let out a yell of triumph. A Darth Maul mask, and black cape rewarded her efforts. She dropped the mask and pranced around in the cape, a good 6 inches too long for her.
"I'm going to be a Dementor, this Halloween."

"How about carrying around your little rake with that costume? Then you could be the Grim Raker. I could even glue a few leaves on, for effect."
"No, that would be funny, not scary."
Oh my, you have no idea how scary a pile of leaves can be to us phyllophobics during the fall. I would have a heart attack, for one, if a Grim Raker were to greet me when I opened the door.

No comments: