Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The End of an Era

Accidental Blogger is closing, remaining just as an archive on the internet. It was where I had my first taste of blogging, having been invited by its owner and main blogger Ruchira Paul to contribute a post.
My association with Ruchira and A.B. has lasted almost 6 years, and it is with a bittersweet feeling that I report its closure.

In Ruchira's words:
"The launch of Accidental Blogger was indeed accidental - an impulsive move that turned out to be a wonderful experience. The decision to end it however, is a deliberate and considered step. Among other things, blogging began for me as an exciting journey to a mostly unknown place. I had a vague idea of what I hoped to achieve but none whatsoever of what lay en route. The time, the place and the emerging technology of web based communications offered a ticket to ride and I set out with much anticipation and very little preparation. I always enjoyed writing and sharing my thoughts with anyone who would care to listen. Blogging was the perfect vehicle to pursue that interest. Now, after 7+ years, the trip is near the inevitable end. Again, the changes in time, place and technology, as also the diminished energy for the process of putting one's thoughts in order for a meaningful exchange with others, have played a role in the decision to apply the brakes, get off and move on."

I owe Ruchira an enormous debt of gratitude. It was primarily through her introduction to the world of blogs that I started to gain confidence in voicing my opinions and presenting my writing to a larger public.

What will I do, now that A.B. is closing? What about all those posts that flit across my mind, more serious stuff regarding the latest in world news, science, medicine, and so many other areas? Maybe I will start recording them here. There might be less fluff and more stuff coming up, further down the line, if this mood holds.

But never fear, this will still remain the outlet for my random musings on fun and family, as well. It was designed as a personal outlet, but will now be supplemented with other more general essays.

Stay tuned for more...

No comments: